Sys Map and purchasing lives
Posted by Shalafi 
avatar Sys Map and purchasing lives
October 08, 2013 07:30PM
What are peoples thoughts on the matter? Currently neither is available.

Keep in mind, some times luxuries make the game less fun.

For example, you can blind someone, but if they can SysMap map their way out, limits your spell effectiveness.

You can buy lives, but then you can never re roll someone. Money becomes arbitrary at a certain point.

Plus maybe the lack of both is why people play here.

I wanted to get peoples thought on the matter.
Re: Sys Map and purchasing lives
October 08, 2013 07:41PM
Sys map is convenient but I actually enjoy playing without it. Also, I don't think we should be able to buy lives. I mean we get 9 of them and 5 per level.... Why would you need more than that? If purchasing lives were added then I think it should have some pretty hefty cost. Something like 100 runic and some credits.. Maybe everyone earns something like 10 credits a week and a life would cost 100 runic and 50 credits or some shit. I don't know if thats possible but I think if purchasing lives is allowed it should cost a lot.
October 08, 2013 08:01PM
$50 per life. If you are willing for fork out some cold hard cash to buy a life.....
October 08, 2013 08:14PM
I'm not concerned about sys map. I could play with or without it, it doesn't bother me.

I would like to purchase lives though. Personally I don't want to be rerolled, the fear of losing my stuff is enough to put a sense of danger into PvP. 1 to 3 runic per life sounds good, but that's just my opinion.
October 08, 2013 09:17PM
I have no opinion on the matter.
October 08, 2013 11:37PM
No to sys commands. Cold hard cash for lives. smiling smiley
avatar Re: Sys Map and purchasing lives
October 09, 2013 11:23AM
Seems so far, sys map is not necessary. Lives can be purchased, but at what cost and how often?

Maybe instead of using the plus feature, you purchase lives directly from me and/or a future mud-op.

And you can only purchase one every so often at a high cost (maybe even answer a riddle and go on a quest! J/K)
October 09, 2013 11:48AM
eaw no mudop. Is there a way to attach credits or something to the purchase life option? If so I think that is the way to go.. I think limiting the amount of lives you can purchase in a week would be the way to go. Like 1-3 lives per week. This way anyone low on lives can just camp the bank till the next week if they are that scared of being rolled.
October 09, 2013 11:50AM
Yah I think so, I'll have to check out the credit system. If I can add x per week or hour or however it works.
October 09, 2013 11:55AM
I say thats the way to go then. This way lives still have some importance in the game.
October 09, 2013 11:58AM
Ok, i will attempt to figure out how it works, if anyone knows worldgroups and wants to point me in the right direction please feel free.
October 09, 2013 03:18PM
I don't see much of a problem with lives costing 10 runic or so, maybe 15 even. Not impossible to get, but still a decent amount. Or the credit thing and 5 runic or something.
October 10, 2013 12:39AM
I'm strongly against purchasing lives
It's a pvp board, and life management is a significant part of pvp strategy
Not being able to reroll someone makes pvp pointless
October 10, 2013 06:27AM
Hodor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sys map is convenient but I actually enjoy playing
> without it. Also, I don't think we should be able
> to buy lives. I mean we get 9 of them and 5 per
> level.... Why would you need more than that? If
> purchasing lives were added then I think it should
> have some pretty hefty cost. Something like 100
> runic and some credits.. Maybe everyone earns
> something like 10 credits a week and a life would
> cost 100 runic and 50 credits or some shit. I
> don't know if thats possible but I think if
> purchasing lives is allowed it should cost a lot.

Yea the only real reason for having people able to buy lives is so people don't get driven off the board by higher levels ganging up en masse....but its a catch 22 cos the higher levels are going to be more able to buy a life.. it doesn't work..

So cash doesn't work at all...but I wouldn't disagree with people getting to buy one life per month.. that could actually be fair..
October 10, 2013 07:41AM
Well, it's hard to imagine that someone cannot LEVEL once a month, which means they would get five lives for free.
And ppl here are generally friendly, ask for help to get leveled and likely you will receive it. Unless you've been a biyatch and no one wants to help?
October 13, 2013 01:44AM
Seems most people are against it.

So for the time being, I'm going to keep the board as is.
October 17, 2013 01:56PM
Weekly life credits is way too much. I was thinking life purchase per month not unreasonable. Like 1. I have never needed it...but the amount of time I have spent ghosting in this realm I think it would be reasonable. I think the cost should be low or zero so as to be egalitarian. If it is only one or a low number per month then it's already so exclusive that cost doesn't matter...and say lives did cost a ridiculous amount and you are getting hunted by someone 13 levels higher than you - they're going to have a killing and a purchasing advantage. That's not kind to player retention. And that would also be my response to Aurange. I fully believe in killing someone out of the game but it's not friendly to retaining players on the board.. and if it is super limited by time then it's only going to give them a glimmer of hope

Initially against sys map..but realised today it would be really handy personally when I couldn't find my location on PDF map cos my eyesight is so poor. If my memory of it is correct...it's not that much of an advantage beyond a reference point to apply to a map. Can anyone tell me how it could be used to great advantage other than helping people rescue someone or helping in those moments when you realise Mega is running into strange walls and your whole party just polished off their waterskins?

Have never utilised sys map before..but find myself helping people in this realm a lot, and I think I would vote for it.

RE mudops...you're gonna need a separate post for that issue...so many issues there
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Guests: 4465 on September 28, 2022